Strategic Focus 1: Promotion
- Strengthening the “social license” to operate.
- Encouraging entry into the contractor workforce.
- Growing the voice of the forestry contractor community
Strategic Focus 2: Education
- Upskilling the contractor community
- Prioritising safety in the workplace
- Increasing best practice adoption and advancing industry professionalis
Download FICA's full Strategic Plan to learn more
What does FICA do? As the voice of contractors we advocate on behalf of our members and influence industry. Here you'll find info on some of the projects FICA is leading or providing input into.
Prue Younger is the CEO of FICA, and has been in the role and doing an awesome job since 2018. Our FICA Board is governed by volunteers who meet monthly and are elected at our AGM.
Our FICA Member companies represent harvesting, silviculture, roading + civil contracting businesses throughout New Zealand. FICA Membership is renewed on an annual basis.
Our FICA sponsors provide awesome support and are backing our forestry contractors. Made up of suppliers, advisors and friends of the forestry industry, their support allows FICA to deliver on our strategic plan.